Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Reflexology and Dystonia. A do-it-yourself guide to reflexology.

Reflexology
Reflexology involves applying pressure to the feet and hands. The application of pressure to parts of the feet or the hands effect corresponding parts of the body through reflex zones and meridian points. Tensions can be felt though this is usually a pleasant sensation for the client. It can be used for general aches and pains, stress-related problems and anxiety and depression. 
I saw where people are using clothespins on pressure points on their ears and thought I'd try it out. It also works on your hands and feet as well. (If you have small feet and hands) I've read a few blogs where people have tried reflexology and said it helps with pain relief. I told my doctor that I would rub elephant poop on my face if it would ease the pain... so why not try some clothespins to start?




Ear Reflexology

Although many people are familiar with reflexology dealing with the feet and hands, not as many people know that similar pressure points can be found in the ear as well. Stimulating these points has been known to relieve pain throughout the body.
You can take a look at this reflexology ear-map to see the points you need to stimulate in order to relieve pain from the corresponding body parts.