Thursday, February 2, 2017

Botox update: Week 4



I wanted to give you an update on my Botox injections and how I have been feeling. 



The first few weeks I was nervous. I felt like my neck muscles were getting so weak that they could not support the weight of my head. I felt weak and like I had the flu for a few weeks. I had cold chills and was completely exhausted. 



Eating and brushing my teeth are the most difficult tasks. Anytime I have to be in the position of bending my head forward to eat soup or spit toothpaste into the sink is difficult and my head feels like it's going to flop over and I have no control. I still have pain but it has gone from a 8-9 on a scale of 1-10 down to a 7-8. I'll take it. Walking is still not the most pleasant experience. I sometimes feel disoriented and like a bobble-head. Some days have been a little better. Every day is different. Dr. K incorporated some new exercises into my therapy so it has been nice to have a change in my daily grind. Doing the exercises and the therapy have helped the weakness in my neck a bit.



Here is a link to my daily journal for January if you are interested in reading about my daily thoughts and feelings.